Tuesday 27 March 2012

Evaluation - Part 4 - audience

Originally my magazine was aimed at those who are interested in pop music and new upcoming artists. The magazine is aimed mostly at girls as it is easier for me to relate to young girls who enjoy this genre of music as this is the genre I enjoy also. The age range of my music magazine ranges from 13 to 17 as I believe this is that age range in which young people start to get interested in music. It is also the age I believe that people decide what they’re going to be like as a person such as what crowd they are going to be in and what clothes they are going to wear and what their future holds for them. This is relevant to the magazine I wished to create because it was meant to be all about fresh new pop music that have different styles and create their own crowd instead of following the others. However, I now think after creating my magazine that it appeals to the crowd that follow the rest of the crowd. This is because it is very cheesy pop, and cheesy pop tends to have the latest trends that everyone else has and isn’t the trend setter itself. My magazine is all smiles and ‘coming from nothing to something’ this is typically what teenage girls believe can happen, whereas the people who don’t follow the crowd stereotypically tend to be seen as the outsiders, and those who are ‘different’ in teenage social groups, and wouldn’t necessarily be interested in pop music.



No comments:

Post a Comment